5/20/16

Jace's Blanket - 15 inch Blanket Pattern

I won't lie this one gave me trouble. I made the original and liked it, but I couldn't replicate it for some reason. (I make the blankets THEN write the pattern). So I had to rework it MANY times. I FINALLY got something that turns out beautiful! I love the bobbles (little balls). Especially since this was for a boy... I mean all little boys like to play with balls right :) There are so many ways you can switch up the colors too (see photos after the pattern).

Yarn used for blanket in photo:
I Love This Yarn Arctic Ice and Light Grey



Materials
4ply yarn
H hook
Scissors
Yarn needle


Pattern Abbreviations
ch = chain
sk = skip
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
yo= yarn over
hdc = half double crochet
hk = hook
sl st = slip stitch



PATTERN
Special Stitch
4 HDC BOBBLE (4HDCB)- yo, insert hk into stitch indicated, yo, pull through, yo, pull through two loops, *yo, insert into same stitch, yo, pull through st, yo, pull through two loops repeat from * two more times, during last time pull through ALL remaining loops, bobble made.


Chain 43

Row 1
HDC in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 3, turn

Row 2
DC in each stitch across, ch 2, turn

Row 3
HDC in each stitch across, ch 3, turn

Row 4
DC in each stitch across, ch 2, turn

Row 5*
Rows with “*” are worked in a second color
HDC in next 5 stitches, * 4HDCB in next stitch, 1 hdc in the next 5 stitches. Repeat from * to end of row, ch 3, turn

Row 6
DC in each stitch across, ch 2, turn

Row 7
HDC in each stitch across, ch 3, turn 

Row 8
DC in each stitch across, ch 2, turn

Row 9
HDC in each stitch across, ch 3, turn

Row 10*
DC in each stitch across, ch 2, turn

Rows 11-29
Repeat rows 1-10 (Note: Row 1 turns into HDC in each stitch across, ch 3, turn)

BORDER (worked in the round)

Round 1

Ch 2, 4 HDC in corner space, *1 hdc in next 5 stitches, 4 HDC in next stitch along side of blanket, repeat from * around blanket. 



 
Here are some great variations to try! 


On the above I picked out a variegated yarn and then found three solids to match it. Using one color for the "*" rows and then alternating between the other two solids. 




This one I put the color around the bobble rows, but kept the double crochet color change row the same. 

 


 

No comments: